Over 25 years of experience in the actuarial consulting industry specializing in the design and administration of pension and retiree medical plans. Preparation of funding and accounting valuations under FASB and IASB rules, non-discrimination testing, IRS Form 5500 and 5310, termination of PBGC and non-PBGC defined benefit plans, PBGC premium filing forms, employee communications, plan mergers, calculations and training materials.
- Actuary, Nova 401(k) Associates, from March 29, 2016 to present.
- Actuary, Office of the Chief Actuary, Plan Termination Center of Excellence Leader, West Region Retirement Practice Leader, Houston Retirement Practice Leader, Buck Consultants, June, 2007 to March 2016. Lead actuary on largest client (over $14 Billion in plan assets).
- Actuary, supervisor, Watson Wyatt, 9+ years, Dallas and Houston offices. Lead actuary on largest client (over $1 Billion in plan assets).
- Actuary, supervisor, William M. Mercer, 9+ years, Houston office. Lead actuary on largest client (who alone sponsored more than 10 defined benefit pension plans due to collective bargaining agreements and acquisitions). Member of Actuarial Resource Network, coordinated with Chief Actuary, responsible for drafting and reviewing communiques for Mercer actuaries.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Enrolled Actuary (EA)
- Member of American Society of Enrolled Actuaries (MSEA)
Speaker on retirement topics at national meetings (U.S. Department of Commerce, Enrolled Actuaries Meetings, Conference of Consulting Actuaries Meetings)
Speaker on retirement topics and ethics at local meetings (ISCEBS, University of Texas at Austin)
Graduated from University of Texas with a B.S. in Mathematics
More About Nova 401(k) Associates
We Get It. We Listen. We Communicate.