Are there any DOL or IRS filings required for a tax-exempt 457(b) plan?

Tax-exempt 457(b) (Top Hat) plans must file a notification of the plan’s existence with the Department of Labor.  As long as this notification is timely filed there is no Form 5500 requirement for the plan.  Nova 401(k) Associates can assist with this filing.